Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
Product & License Management
- Can I transfer my license to someone? How do I do it?
- How can I recover my License Keys?
- How do I create an account and register my license keys?
- How do I deauthorize a license key?
- I downloaded the new installers. Do I need to uninstall the previous installations or just run the new installers over the old installations?
- see all 6 articles >
- Can I use Arturia’s Analog Lab as a Camelot plug-in? What’s the correct input/output and MIDI routing?
- Getting Started: A Camelot Tutorial
- How can I split a single item in a key range?
- How do I connect my hardware instruments to Camelot on my computer or iPad?
- How do I set up a new Custom Map in Camelot?
- see all 10 articles >
- Camelot Crashes a lot and the error messages don’t tell me exactly what the problem is.
- Camelot shows me that the CPU is overloaded and it crackles and crashes. How can I fix this?
- Everytime I try to run Camelot, I get a warning saying that I’m offline. How do I fix this?
- Sounds are taking a long time to load inside Camelot. Why?
Sales, Billing, Offers
Educational & Special Programs
How do I create an account and register my license keys?
To create an account and register your license keys for desktop products, follow these simple steps:
- Create an account on our Customer Portal.
- Type the redeem code or the license key in the NEW PRODUCT REGISTRATION field and select REGISTER.
- The system will send an email. Click the confirmation link on the email.
- For each product on the "Your Products" page, select Licenses & Downloads to get the installer and the User Manual.
Discontinued products (Solo Woodwinds v2 and Solo Strings v2) require a license key for the activation. You can easily copy it by clicking on the key and selecting Copy to clipboard.
For newer products (Solo Woodwinds v3, Solo Strings v3, Solo Brass, and Camelot), simply login at startup with your account credentials.