Swam solo brass
Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
- Are you planning to create any Ensembles like Strings Ensembles and Brass Ensembles in the near future?
- Is it possible to control SWAM instruments using only note-on velocity?
- Warning! Expression controller non received
- Where can I find a free VST/Host?
- Where do I find User Manuals?
- see all 6 articles >
Product & License Management
- Can I keep my SWAM instruments on an external drive?
- Can I use SWAM instruments without a physical MIDI controller?
- How do I create ensembles using SWAM instruments?
- How to install and authorize products through the Software Center
- Is there a way to access the reverb module to modify the default reverb type on SWAM instruments?
- see all 11 articles >
Sales, Billing, Offers
Can I use SWAM instruments without a physical MIDI controller?
Even without a physical controller, in a DAW or sequencer, you'll need to draw expression curves (also called envelopes or automations). Please refer to the user manual of your DAW to know how to provide MIDI CC curves.
Here’s an example using Logic Pro:
Note that at least a curve for the Expression parameter must be provided.
At startup, the default mapping for the Expression controller is MIDI CC11, which is usually assigned to a keyboard expression pedal.
We provide a list of pre-defined mappings for the most common MIDI controllers. We suggest starting from one of those presets. To access the MIDI Presets list:
- For Solo Brass v1, Solo Woodwinds v3 and Solo Strings v3: select the MIDI icon, then select the PRESETS icon
- For Solo Woodwinds v2 and Solo Strings v2: click Reset
You can change the default mapping to the Expression parameter if needed.
- For Solo Brass v1, Solo Woodwinds v3 and Solo Strings v3: select the MIDI icon (all sliders highlight), then select the Expression slider and change the MIDI Message and Value accordingly.
- For Solo Woodwinds v2 and Solo Strings v2: go to the Options page -> MIDI mapping and change the MIDI CC mapping for the Expression entry accordingly.