Swam solo brass
Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
Product & License Management
Sales, Billing, Offers
- Why SWAM iOS and Desktop Versions are Separate Purchases
- What’s the price difference between the prices listed on your website and the price in other currencies?
- I’m not satisfied with the product. Is there a return policy?
- If I already bought a SWAM instrument (desktop version), can I buy the other ones in the same family at a discounted price?
Warning! Expression controller non received
Ours are "Expressive" instruments. Unlike standard sample libraries, all our instruments do not work without an Expression controller, when played live: it could be an Expression pedal, a Breath Controller, a wheel, a knob, a slider, a Wind Controller, a Seaboard, a LinnStrument, a Touché, a mobile App capable of sending MIDI data, and so on.
Can a Saxophone emit any sound without blowing into it? Can a Violin emit any sound without moving the bow?
We provide factory presets for several MIDI controllers:
- on SWAM Solo Woodwinds v2 and SWAM Solo Strings v2 (discontinued): click "Reset", and choose a preset from the list
- on SWAM Solo Strings v3, SWAM Solo Woodwinds v3 and SWAM Solo Brass: click "MIDI", click "PRESETS", and choose a preset from the list
The default mapping for the Expression controller at startup is the MIDI CC11, which is usually assigned to a keyboard Expression pedal.
The Expression assignment can be customized to match your controller:
- on SWAM Solo Woodwinds v2 and SWAM Solo Strings v2 (discontinued): go to the Options page -> MIDI mapping and change the MIDI CC mapping for the "Expression" entry accordingly
- on SWAM Solo Strings v3, SWAM Solo Woodwinds v3 and SWAM Solo Brass: click "MIDI", click on the Expression Slider, input the MIDI CC number
Usually for MIDI keyboards not equipped with an Expression pedal, a good start is to map Expression to CC1 (ModWheel) and Vibrato Depth to AfterTouch (AT).
You can use the "Learn" button and move your controller. In this mode, the instrument recognizes the first incoming CC number and automatically assigns it to the Expression setting.
SWAM for music production (DAW) and composition (notation software)
Even without a physical controller, on a DAW or sequencer you need to draw expression curves (or envelopes) or automations. Please refer to the user manual of your DAW in order to know how to provide MIDI CC curves or automations.