Swam solo strings
Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
- Are you planning to create any Ensembles like Strings Ensembles and Brass Ensembles in the near future?
- Is it possible to control SWAM instruments using only note-on velocity?
- SWAM Solo Strings v3 main features improvements
- Warning! Expression controller non received
- Where can I find a free VST/Host?
- see all 7 articles >
Product & License Management
- Can I keep my SWAM instruments on an external drive?
- Can I use SWAM instruments without a physical MIDI controller?
- How do I create ensembles using SWAM instruments?
- How to install and authorize products through the Software Center
- Is there a way to access the reverb module to modify the default reverb type on SWAM instruments?
- see all 12 articles >
- FL Studio - "Buffer size too small" message
- My SWAM plug-ins are not found by Ableton Live on macOS. Why?
- My SWAM VST2 plug-ins are not showing up in Cubase. Why?
- SWAM instruments are not appearing in my DAW on macOS. Why?
- SWAM VST2 plug-ins not recognized in Komplete Kontrol, Reason and Ableton Live (macOS)
- see all 6 articles >
Sales, Billing, Offers
- I already own one or more SWAM Solo Strings v2 instruments. How does your new release promotion for SWAM Solo Strings v3.0 apply in my case?
- I’m not satisfied with the product. Is there a return policy?
- If I already bought a SWAM instrument, can I buy the other ones in the same family at a discounted price?
- What’s the price difference between the prices listed on your website and the price in other currencies?
Can I use SWAM instruments without a physical MIDI controller?
Even without a physical controller, in a DAW or sequencer, you'll need to draw expression curves (also called envelopes or automations). Please refer to the user manual of your DAW to know how to provide MIDI CC curves.
Here’s an example using Logic Pro:
Note that at least a curve for the Expression parameter must be provided.
At startup, the default mapping for the Expression controller is MIDI CC11, which is usually assigned to a keyboard expression pedal.
We provide a list of pre-defined mappings for the most common MIDI controllers. We suggest starting from one of those presets. To access the MIDI Presets list:
- For Solo Brass v1, Solo Woodwinds v3 and Solo Strings v3: select the MIDI icon, then select the PRESETS icon
- For Solo Woodwinds v2 and Solo Strings v2: click Reset
You can change the default mapping to the Expression parameter if needed.
- For Solo Brass v1, Solo Woodwinds v3 and Solo Strings v3: select the MIDI icon (all sliders highlight), then select the Expression slider and change the MIDI Message and Value accordingly.
- For Solo Woodwinds v2 and Solo Strings v2: go to the Options page -> MIDI mapping and change the MIDI CC mapping for the Expression entry accordingly.