Swam solo strings
Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
Product & License Management
- SWAM VST2 plug-ins not recognized in Komplete Kontrol, Reason and Ableton Live (macOS)
- FL Studio - "Buffer size too small" message
- Windows 10 update 1511 invalidates SWAM authorization
- My SWAM plug-ins are not found by Ableton Live on macOS. Why?
- My SWAM VST2 plug-ins are not showing up in Cubase. Why?
- see all 6 articles >
Sales, Billing, Offers
- Why SWAM iOS and Desktop Versions are Separate Purchases
- I already own one or more SWAM Solo Strings v2 instruments. How does your new release promotion for SWAM Solo Strings v3.0 apply in my case?
- What’s the price difference between the prices listed on your website and the price in other currencies?
- I’m not satisfied with the product. Is there a return policy?
- If I already bought a SWAM instrument (desktop version), can I buy the other ones in the same family at a discounted price?
SWAM with Reaper
Getting Started Guide
- Start Reaper. Open the REAPER Preferences (Options -> Preferences), select VST under the Plug-ins item.
Make sure the path where your plug-ins are located is /Users/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST or Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST for macOS users, and the one you specified during the installation (multiple paths must be separated) for Windows users.
- Now select MIDI Device under the Audio item. Make sure your MIDI device is listed in the MIDI hardware window. Check that your MIDI device's Mode is Enabled+Control (double-click on it to open the configuration window: check that Enable input from this device and Enable input for control messages are both selected) (Picture 1)
- Close the Preferences window.
- Create a new project. Add a new Virtual Instrument track (Insert -> Virtual Instrument on new track). Search for your favorite SWAM instrument under VST3i, VSTi or AUi, select it, and click Add and play it. (Pictures 2, 3 & 4)
- To draw the Expression curve: double-click a MIDI region to enter the Editor view. From the CC dropdown menu, select 11 Expression MSB and draw your expression curve. (Picture 5)
- To automate the Expression parameter: click on the track automation mode and select Expression from the Envelopes list. On the expression line, right-click and select Create new point to add automation points. (Pictures 6 & 7)
Picture 1 — Select MIDI device
Picture 2 — Create a new virtual instrument track
Picture 3 — Choose a SWAM instrument
Picture 4 — Click Add and play it
Picture 5 — Draw the Expression curve
Picture 6 — Select the Expression from the Envelopes list
Picture 7 — Automate the Expression parameter