Swam solo strings
Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
- Are you planning to create any Ensembles like Strings Ensembles and Brass Ensembles in the near future?
- Is it possible to control SWAM instruments using only note-on velocity?
- SWAM Solo Strings v3 main features improvements
- Warning! Expression controller non received
- Where can I find a free VST/Host?
- see all 7 articles >
Product & License Management
- Can I keep my SWAM instruments on an external drive?
- Can I use SWAM instruments without a physical MIDI controller?
- How do I create ensembles using SWAM instruments?
- How to install and authorize products through the Software Center
- Is there a way to access the reverb module to modify the default reverb type on SWAM instruments?
- see all 12 articles >
- FL Studio - "Buffer size too small" message
- My SWAM plug-ins are not found by Ableton Live on macOS. Why?
- My SWAM VST2 plug-ins are not showing up in Cubase. Why?
- SWAM instruments are not appearing in my DAW on macOS. Why?
- SWAM VST2 plug-ins not recognized in Komplete Kontrol, Reason and Ableton Live (macOS)
- see all 6 articles >
Sales, Billing, Offers
- I already own one or more SWAM Solo Strings v2 instruments. How does your new release promotion for SWAM Solo Strings v3.0 apply in my case?
- I’m not satisfied with the product. Is there a return policy?
- If I already bought a SWAM instrument, can I buy the other ones in the same family at a discounted price?
- What’s the price difference between the prices listed on your website and the price in other currencies?
Warning! Expression controller non received
Ours are "Expressive" instruments. Unlike standard sample libraries, all our instruments do not work without an Expression controller, when played live: it could be an Expression pedal, a Breath Controller, a wheel, a knob, a slider, a Wind Controller, a Seaboard, a LinnStrument, a Touché, a mobile App capable of sending MIDI data, and so on.
Can a Saxophone emit any sound without blowing into it? Can a Violin emit any sound without moving the bow?
We provide factory presets for several MIDI controllers:
- on SWAM Solo Woodwinds v2 and SWAM Solo Strings v2 (discontinued): click "Reset", and choose a preset from the list
- on SWAM Solo Strings v3, SWAM Solo Woodwinds v3 and SWAM Solo Brass: click "MIDI", click "PRESETS", and choose a preset from the list
The default mapping for the Expression controller at startup is the MIDI CC11, which is usually assigned to a keyboard Expression pedal.
The Expression assignment can be customized to match your controller:
- on SWAM Solo Woodwinds v2 and SWAM Solo Strings v2 (discontinued): go to the Options page -> MIDI mapping and change the MIDI CC mapping for the "Expression" entry accordingly
- on SWAM Solo Strings v3, SWAM Solo Woodwinds v3 and SWAM Solo Brass: click "MIDI", click on the Expression Slider, input the MIDI CC number
Usually for MIDI keyboards not equipped with an Expression pedal, a good start is to map Expression to CC1 (ModWheel) and Vibrato Depth to AfterTouch (AT).
You can use the "Learn" button and move your controller. In this mode, the instrument recognizes the first incoming CC number and automatically assigns it to the Expression setting.
SWAM for music production (DAW) and composition (notation software)
Even without a physical controller, on a DAW or sequencer you need to draw expression curves (or envelopes) or automations. Please refer to the user manual of your DAW in order to know how to provide MIDI CC curves or automations.