Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
Product & License Management
- I Don't Hear a Difference When Adjusting the "Players Accuracy" Parameter... Is It Not Working?
- Why Are There Few Presets for the Strings Sections?
- Can I Use the Room Simulator for SWAM Solo Instruments?
- Can I Reuse a MIDI Preset Created with SWAM Solo Instruments?
- I Can't Achieve a "Scratch" Sound Effect Like in Solo Instruments, Is That Correct? / Increasing Bow Pressure Doesn't Produce a Scratch Sound Like in Solo Instruments.
- see all 10 articles >
Grow Your Knowledge
- Ensure the Divisi Number Is Different When Adding Multiple Sections of the Same Instruments Playing at Unison
- Why Do I Sometimes Hear Portamento, Especially in Fast Runs? / How to Control and Limit Portamento in SWAM String Sections.
- Experiencing CPU Issues When Running Multiple Instances of SWAM String Section. / Is My Computer Powerful Enough for SWAM String Sections?
Can I Reuse a MIDI Preset Created with SWAM Solo Instruments?
No, you cannot directly reuse a MIDI preset created with SWAM Solo Instruments when working with SWAM String Sections. While there are several common parameters between the two product lines, it's crucial to understand that the range and number of options may vary.
SWAM String Sections and SWAM Solo Instruments are designed to cater to different musical needs. Solo instruments focus on capturing the intricate nuances of individual instruments, offering a more extensive range of parameters to control the fine details of performance.
On the other hand, SWAM String Sections are tailored to recreate the collective sound of a string section, and while they share some core parameters, the settings may differ in terms of range and scope. Trying to reuse a MIDI preset from SWAM Solo Instruments in SWAM String Sections may not yield the expected results, as the collective sound and behavior are distinct.
For the best results, it's recommended to create or adapt MIDI presets specifically for SWAM String Sections to ensure that the ensemble performance matches the intended orchestral sound accurately.