Here you will find everything related to the installation, activation, updates, release notes and manuals of our Virtual Instruments and Applications.
Product & License Management
- I Don't Hear a Difference When Adjusting the "Players Accuracy" Parameter... Is It Not Working?
- Why Are There Few Presets for the Strings Sections?
- Can I Use the Room Simulator for SWAM Solo Instruments?
- Can I Reuse a MIDI Preset Created with SWAM Solo Instruments?
- I Can't Achieve a "Scratch" Sound Effect Like in Solo Instruments, Is That Correct? / Increasing Bow Pressure Doesn't Produce a Scratch Sound Like in Solo Instruments.
- see all 10 articles >
Grow Your Knowledge
- Ensure the Divisi Number Is Different When Adding Multiple Sections of the Same Instruments Playing at Unison
- Why Do I Sometimes Hear Portamento, Especially in Fast Runs? / How to Control and Limit Portamento in SWAM String Sections.
- Experiencing CPU Issues When Running Multiple Instances of SWAM String Section. / Is My Computer Powerful Enough for SWAM String Sections?
The Creation and Evolution of SWAM String Sections
SWAM String Sections represents the culmination of years of dedicated research and development, building upon the foundation laid by our solo instrument offerings. The journey to create this product has been marked by numerous challenges and breakthroughs, each contributing to its unique capabilities.
Modeling an ensemble of string instruments is far from a mere aggregation of solo instruments. The intricacies of recreating the virtual room, the complex interactions among the musicians, and the efficient resource and CPU management have posed significant hurdles. What you see today is the result of relentless research, iterative development, and a careful balance of trade-offs, all aimed at providing the best experience ever seen in this category of virtual instruments.
It's essential to recognize that we operate within the realm of physical modeling. This sets us apart from sample libraries where once recorded, there is limited room for improvement. Instead, we are at the beginning of an ongoing journey with ample room for enhancement and innovation. We are continuously working to refine the sound quality and system performance.
Expect a future filled with continuous evolution and improvements. We invite you to be part of this journey and assist us in our quest for perfection. By utilizing our products and providing feedback and suggestions, you become an essential part of the collaborative process that drives our commitment to delivering ever-improving virtual instruments. Together, we will shape the future of SWAM String Sections and redefine what is possible in the world of virtual orchestral sound.